Thursday, September 18, 2008

Left Behind

I sent an email to some of my and Marsha's contact list today and signed off "Left Behind". Some of you called concerned. Thank you for your concern, but let me be clear, I meant it as a positive in that I am "left behind" for a reason and that reason is to tell my family, friends and people God puts in my path, my story, Marsha's story and God's story since Marsha can't since she graduated.

I am convinced ever more that my short time here on this pile of dirt, as Johnny Cash put it, is only useful if I daily point those who are not connected to God's forever family to His Son Jesus so they can join Marsha and eventually me for eternity in a place created with love and peace in mind called Heaven.

Left Behind for a purpose,

Dan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Buddy--
we continue to pray for you and your family.
The Memorial Service was God honoring in every way.
Marsha's footprints remain...
What a godly couple. What a blessing to so many. What an example.
As her footprints are in Jesus', may you follow closely...in those same steps.
Go be Jesus!

Jeff and Jean said...

What can Jean and I say. Your reflection simply made us reflect more on the God who loves us. Once again you continue to point us to Christ. We continue to lift you ALL up . Give Ryder a kiss for us. Say hi to Dev, Michelle, Dar, Sky, Danellle and Keith. We love you, Dan.
Jeff and Jean